• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why am i seeing the "What´s new" dialog each time i launch Premiere Pro?

Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, why do i see the "What´s new" dialog each time i open Premiere Pro? Some Adobe apps has a check box one can check such as "Don´t show again." but not in Premiere Pro. Deleting the Preferences don´t do the trick either.

Can´t we just get a "Don´t show again." box for this dialog and be done with it? This has been an issue for some versions now but now it´s ridiculous.

piss-screen.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right top corner: hide suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have it already set to that if i interpret it correctly. I have clicked on the text so it says "Show suggestions". It kind of indicates that showing suggestions is on rather than off though...

Having it set to that the interface is clean and if i click it so the text changes to "Hide suggestions" i do get suggestions in the Home dialog such as "Create a social video", "Get out more of Premiere Pro", "Start tutorial", "Find out how". See on the attached image how i have it set. 🙂

Averdahl_0-1596226590281.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right top corner: hide suggestions.

Update:

The problem is that if i click Hide Suggestions it will switch back to Show Suggestions every day. This happens even if i delete everything in C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\14.0. I do always delete everything the when a new update comes out.

Does this not happen to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you do realize that you can open the app by just double-clicking on the project file and avoid this screen entirely... going right to your project.  Of course if you want to create a new project...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you do realize that you can open the app by just double-clicking on the project file

Yes i certainly do, but most of the times it is more convinient to launch Premiere Pro and open the project rather than browsing for the project file in Explorer.

But the question remains, how to permanetly get rid of the "What´s new" dialog and how can one make the Hide Suggestions option sticky. I prefer a fix for that rather than having to work around a such basic thing. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines