• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why Are Clips Being Automatically Selected in the Timeline?

Participant ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

This never happened to me before in Premiere. But, lately, in the timeline, I notice that, oftentimes, when I reposition the playhead by clicking on one of the times in the topmost row of the timeline panel, all the clips situated at that time are selected. Clips are also selected when I drag the playhead across the panel.

This doesn’t always happen, but, most of the time, it does. It didn’t used to happen and I find it annoying since, most of the time, I don’t want to actually modify those clips that were auto-selected.

Does anyone know why this started to happen? More importantly, how do I stop it from happening again?

Is there some setting I need to change in the preferences? Or, is it one of those annoying bugs?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Go to menu Sequence and toggle off (uncheck) Selection Follows Playhead.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to menu Sequence and toggle off (uncheck) Selection Follows Playhead.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Meg. That worked. I suppose I selected that feature by accident at some point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it may be on be default.

It will be toggled on automatically by the software  if you switch to the Color workspace, so you will have to toggle it off again if that is how you want to edit.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It auto-toggles back on if you activate the lumetri color panel. Kinda annoying I find, I'd rather only turn it on when I need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Meg, this seemed to be the best answer I could find in the Forums!
BUT... I have a further Question along these lines.

I have looked @ FAQ to Turn OFF the "Sequence Selection Follows Playhead" option.

I can do this Manually each time, but this is becoming a nuisance... is there any way that I can make My DEFAULT Settings to have this SET TO "OFF" please???
George NZ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

مرحبا 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you make the change to a workspace then save that workspace?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines