• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why audio is greyed out when I try to sync video

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have the Synchonize option, what I do kot have is the option of audio. When I try to sync video with audio, the audio option on synchronize clips is greyed out.

Can anyone help? Thank you

TOPICS
Audio , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the video clip have a native audio track?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, y'all. I'm having this same issue. See screenshot here. My video clip does not have a native audio track; I recorded video only from my iPhone (FilmicPro). And I recorded audio separately. Will Premier not let you sync audio if you didn't originally have native audio? I'm a newbie, so might have just completely made the mistake of not recording native audio to be able to use this feature.

Screen Shot 2020-10-04 at 9.09.16 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It has to have audio to sync to ... so if there's no audio with the video, it can't sync to anything. So for that pairing, you'll need to visually sync things. It's often better to set the timeline to display audio units when sliding audio to get a visual match ... right-click the 3-bar menu to right of sequence name on timline panel, then select "show audio units".

Get you audio matching the mouth, then go back to frames or whateve you prefer.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines