• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can I not re-edit a simple shape I created?

Explorer ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple user here trying to learn this anti-intuitive program, I'm used to double-clicking a shape and all of its vertices appear for me to edit or add new ones.

I have attempted everything on this program to do this, but I'm left having to completely remake the shape.

F F S Adobe.

Also any help is appreciated, it's not your fault that too many things are harder than they should be.

TOPICS
Editing , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

John was asking a very straight-forward question in order to understand what you're trying to do. The first thing before any of us can offer suggestions.

Click on the mask 'name' line in the Effects Control Panel (ECP) and the mask will appear, you can select vertices and work on them.

I'll add ...  being rude back to another user who's helping simply out of their trying to be helpful isn't really a best-practice. We're nearly all users here, as this is peer-to-peer "help". Not obvious to th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro is a video editing program... are you trying to use PPro to edit a shape, not a video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to be a smart ass, I'm just want to edit a polygon shape I drew over a property in the video. All I need to do is re-edit the shape, I don't wanto to delete it and draw a new one just to adjust one corner...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John was asking a very straight-forward question in order to understand what you're trying to do. The first thing before any of us can offer suggestions.

Click on the mask 'name' line in the Effects Control Panel (ECP) and the mask will appear, you can select vertices and work on them.

I'll add ...  being rude back to another user who's helping simply out of their trying to be helpful isn't really a best-practice. We're nearly all users here, as this is peer-to-peer "help". Not obvious to those just starting out ... as well, not much of PrPro is obvious just starting out either.

This is a pro-level, very complex and complicated app. In a pro app, there simply is not near the auto/ease-of-use found in the prosumer apps. So getting some training coming into it is pretty much needed by anyone.

I found the Premiere Pro YouTube things out on the web not always that helpful, and then found what's now LinkedInLearning's tutorials. And realized quickly that a month or so spent going through several of their full courses with included media was a vastly better way to actually get doing something than just trying to "poke the box".

And I normally start anything by just poking. PrPro ... ain't an app suited for that until you've got used to the basic way it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First off thank you for your help, but I genuinely read that as a smartass remark, who buys a program like this thinking they're going to just be do Keynote shapes? I'm pretty sure even the newest user knows PP is a video editing program.

Anyway, no harm, no foul.

I just redrew the shape as it was faster this time, but now I have the solution for the next time, so thank you very much. I do appreciate the help.  

I've learned a lot to be able to make my 4K drone videos with music, transitions, effects and graphics and I have used YT videos and articles, but I still run into these issues sometimes where it should be a rather simple function and I click and try tons of things, using control-z to back up when it doesn't work, After an hour on something this simple then requires me coming on here and I hate having to ask.

I think Adobe could make this a lot more intuitive, it'd be nice if you could double-click a shape and have all existing vertices appear and be able to add/delete and move them right there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines