• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why can my imac pro be slower than my macbook pro ??

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a macbook pro 2019 and an imac pro 2017.
both are full spec. but i don't understand why my imac pro can have dropframe and the spec is better than the macbook pro ....

my macbook pro is much better for editing...

iMac Pro (2017)

2,3 GHz Intel Xeon W

Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB

128 GB 2666 MHz DDR4

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2019)

2,4 GHz Intel Core i9

32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

I solved the problem in a different way. I did adgrade the adobe and realized that Braw by blackmagic has a bug with adobe. at 23.98fps and 24fps it gets slow with dropframe ... but at 25fps it can play normally ...

I would like it to improve with the update ... but thanks for the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are the drives connected the same way?  You might find a drive speed testing app (I think AJA has a free one) and compare the drive between the 2 systems.   Are both systems running the same OS and the same version of Premiere?  You might try creating a new user in system preferences:  users and groups on the Imac.  And it's possible that Apple has changed something that makes for more efficient rendering....  Also, when I find premiere getting sluggish, I'll try restarting and not running any other programs.  Also, I've seen serious issues in Premiere if I've had a zoom session without restarting after I end the zoom...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I solved the problem in a different way. I did adgrade the adobe and realized that Braw by blackmagic has a bug with adobe. at 23.98fps and 24fps it gets slow with dropframe ... but at 25fps it can play normally ...

I would like it to improve with the update ... but thanks for the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines