• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I disable "Composite Preview During Trim"?!

Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

As I type this I am not sure what to do... In my project I am moving still PNG's without any effects on a 1080p timeline. I have a decently specced computer (I7-6700K 4GHz, 32GB RAM, GTX 1080 GPU, SSD edit drive) . But whenever I try to stretch the clip on the timeline or move clips. The whole computer crawls to a slog. I'm talking about 10-30 seconds between moving the edit point until Premiere shows me the result. It is like running with 16 ton weights on my shoes. I searched around and found that the culprit seems to be the dreaded option for "Composite Preview During Trim". I disabled that and the editing suddenly went at light speed... for a while...

Then. Randomly I get the same issue again. But when I check the option for the Composite Preview... it's disabled. Just like I left it. But when I do edits... the program monitor shows trying to do the Composite view nonetheless with the dual playbacks... WHY?! I disabled it for a reason! Why can't I disable it until adobe fixes it? The problem seems old because the forums that talk about the solution are several years old. Why not adress it?!

regards

Johan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue with Premiere 2020. Worst bug ever. I tried to reset preferences (as indicated in above) but to no avail. Anyone figured out this issue yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also have this issue.  Composite Preview During Trim switch doesn't work. It always pops up and slows down my editing workflow A LOT. Adobe please fix. Will send a bug notice - I encourage everyone to do the same.

AMD 3950x

NVME SSDs

RTX 3090

SSD RAID0

64GB RAM

Not sure I could be specced any higher for this type of thing and its still slow to switch in and out of composite preview. Horrible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines