• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why Could My Premeire Pro Be Running So Slow?

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a pc running an intel i7700k processor with a gtx 1060 6gb graphics card and 16gb of ram. Premiere Pro seems to be really sluggish with 1080p footage (laggy scrubbing and playback). I really don't think that should be happening with my kind of hardware. What could be going wrong?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THH,

Is your media on your boot drive or a separate high speed drive? Should be the latter. Lack of a media drive is the most common cause of poor system performance. Make sure that drive is connected via a high speed connection, like USB 3.1 or Thunderbolt. Helps a lot.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried editing off of 2 internal drives and one external drive. I got identical results. My testing was limited to a 1080p 50 clip off of my Nikon d3300. All I did was duplicate the clip and use the pen tool on the top layer. The clip is practically unplayable even at 1/4 the quality. Scrubbing is also a pain. Not sure what to do. Thanks for the response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines