• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why differences in render bar between Premiere Pro 14.9 and Premiere Pro Beta 15.0

Enthusiast ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am talking about render bar in the timeline (red, yellow, green).

I have noticed that :

- in Premiere Pro Beta 15.0 :  if I move a video from the source to the timeline, the render bar is always yellow (yellow color is automatic, whatever I select : keep the existing settings or changing the sequence settings).

- But in Premiere Pro 14.9 : when I move a video from the source to the timeline, the render bar is red or yellow (red if I keep existing settings, or yellow if change the sequence settings).

Why Premiere Pro 14.9 is not working like Premiere Pro Beta ?

How to make 14.9 working like Premiere Pro Beta ?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Differences between the release version and the beta are to be expected.

From what you are describing, it looks like some of the features that you are using may not have Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration in the current release but do in the beta.

While that looks promising for the beta, it's worth keeping in mind that some beta features do not make their way into the next release.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Differences between the release version and the beta are to be expected.

From what you are describing, it looks like some of the features that you are using may not have Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration in the current release but do in the beta.

While that looks promising for the beta, it's worth keeping in mind that some beta features do not make their way into the next release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are right :

- in Premiere Pro 14.9,  for this project, I was on "software Mercury Playback engine" (without acceleration).

- in Premiere Pro Beta 15.0, I was on "Mercury playback engine acceleration (CUDA)" (with acceleration).

I have tried to set Premiere Pro 14.9 with the same project settings as in Beta version (ie : with Mercury playback engine acceleration CUDA) and it solved my problem : when I move a video from source to the timeline, the render bar is now always yellow.

I have two questions :

1 - About my project settings, what is the best choice : Mercury playback engine acceleration with CUDA or with OpenCL ?

2 - how to have automatically the render bar in the timeline always green (without doing all the time  sequence/rendering in the menu) ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines