• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do I hear left channel audio in both ears when the right channel is muted?

Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I have a music performance sequence with 2 audio tracks. One is modified to stereo with only the left channel selected, the other is modified stereo with only the right side selected.

What I'm curious about is if I solo or mute either track, I still hear audio in both ears. It seems like it's much quieter in the side that's muted or not-soloed but I can definitely hear the music in both sides.

To clarify, if I go the the audio clip mixer I can see with certainty that the audio is different on either side and when I mute one side the mixer shows no level on that track but I still hear it in my headphones. Why is that?

I've also tried panning the audio all the way to one side or the other but no matter what I do, I hear it in both sides. Will that simply an editing feature? Or when I export is some of the left channel making it in to the right channel and vice versa?

Thanks

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 5.00.37 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-25 at 5.01.07 PM.png

For further clarity.

Thanks all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines