• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do my videos get removed from Premier Pro timeline when I delete them from my desktop?

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I delete video clips from my desktop to clean it up, they get removed from Premier Pro timeline. How do I fix this??

Thanks

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere doesn't copy or move media that you use within Premiere. It only accesses them from wherever they are on your computer when you add them into the program. So if those clips were on your desktop, you imported them into Premiere, it only accessed them from your desktop.

If you then remove them, it has no way of getting to that media anymore.

Park the media in a final location, preferably on another drive with internal connections to the computer, and access the media from there.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bad idea to put assets on the destop, use a dedicated drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you think a portable hard drive would be the best option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also on the mac, the apple gods will by default back anything up on the desktop to ICloud and suddenly they'll start asking for money for more icloud storage.  You can turns this "feature" off but ya gotta understand what's happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines