Highlighted

Why do Timelines Close and Reorder when Switching Workspaces?

Engaged ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More often than not, when I switch to a new workspace, the timelines that I had open change order. 
Even worse, some of them close. 
And when I go back to my Editing Workspace, it happens again.

For me, switching between Workspaces contantly shifts and changes which timelines I have open. 

I want to use Workspaces, but when I do, they very often mess-up my flow.

Does anyone know why this happens? And possibly how to fix it?

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Why do Timelines Close and Reorder when Switching Workspaces?

Engaged ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More often than not, when I switch to a new workspace, the timelines that I had open change order. 
Even worse, some of them close. 
And when I go back to my Editing Workspace, it happens again.

For me, switching between Workspaces contantly shifts and changes which timelines I have open. 

I want to use Workspaces, but when I do, they very often mess-up my flow.

Does anyone know why this happens? And possibly how to fix it?

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 03, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I struggle with that problem for years. Try that: save a workspace with specific sequences opened, change the workspace, and then reload the saved one: Premiere will restore those perfectly. So, It looks like Premiere Pro is saving opened sequences with saved workspace, and whenever you load the workspace in another project it searches for the specified sequences in it, and if it didn't found those it will replace them with sequences from the project panel, and then everything will look messy.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's why if you want to switch between two workspaces while working on a project, just save the workspace before switching, this way you will restore it perfectly

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0