Why does Hardware Encoding have artifacts that are not there using Software encoding?

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a follow-up to my previous issues which was solved by turning off Hardware Encoding in my Export settings.

With hardware encoding enabled, my background layer is shaded when I display an image on Layer 2 even if that layer is restricted to the top right corder of the frame.  Original thread is here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/layer-2-is-shading-layer-1-why/m-p/12061035#M348408

I am running the latest Premiere Pro 2020 on a Windows 10 Pro on a Ryzen5 3600, with 64GB RAM, NVMe drive, and a GTX1660 SUPER.  I donwloaded the latest GPU drivers (the stable ones).

Can someone help me understand why using software encoding on export works but using hardware does not?   Using software encoding is really going to slow me down.   Should I get a different GPU?  different driver?  Different setting?   I'd love to understand this.

Thanks

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?