• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does the colour change (get brighter) on my footage when using a motion graphics template?

New Here ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I placed a motion graphics template on my video file for an animated title card, but it has noticeably changed the brightness of my footage. 

There's another motion graphics template that does the same thing and I'm not sure how to fix it so that it doesn't effect the brightness of the footage. 

I downloaded the motion graphics template off mixkit and the file is .mogrt. There are two screenshots attached that kind of show the change, it's way more noticable when it plays. 

Any help is appreciated!

Jordan  

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

The solution I found. After Effects color settings in the MOGRT template should be changed to Rec.709 Gamma 2.4 and all options below that should be unchecked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jordan!

Sorry for the trouble. We can get this checked. 

• What are your system details (OS, CPU, RAM, GPU)?
  • Are you getting the same issue while using Premiere Pro templates?
  • What type of media files are you editing (codec/ format, frame rate, frame size)?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uncheck Composite in linear color in the sequence settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, I'm getting the same issue as Jordan.
Any updates on the resolve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @JJ286405836sa9,

I got your message. I read about our color issue with your mogrt. Can you show us a screenshot of your Sequence Settings? That may help. Sorry for the hassle.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Any updates or fixes?  Same thing is happening for me and I cannot seem to find a resolution.  The "Uncheck Composite in linear color in the sequence settings." that some had suggest does NOT work. 

Thank you.
Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jasonb8844200,

I read about your color issue. Is it possible to see a screenshot? Where did you get the .mogrt? Any info from the manufacturer? What kind of footage are you working with? Is is shot using HDR? Let us know more info so we can help you better. I apologize for the hassle.

Thanks.
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The After Effects settings for the MOGRT need to be adjusted. There is a 'Linearize Working Color Space' option in 'File' > 'Project Settings' > 'Color' that should be unchecked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The solution I found. After Effects color settings in the MOGRT template should be changed to Rec.709 Gamma 2.4 and all options below that should be unchecked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines