• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why doesn't changing the clip speed/duration work?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cut out a clip to slow it down. I left clicked on the clip and tried to slow the clip down, but once I pressed ok, absolutely nothing happened. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Well alrighty, I just decided to re-add the clips altogether and for whatever reason, it works just as I wanted after I tried to slow them down again. So I guess after playing around with the clips before, I might've screwed something up that made it so it only had like 1 frame per clip. Im new to premiere so im still learning, but thanks for the attempt to help anyway!

Edit: Actually I decovered why it was screwed up. The clips were still squished in between my other clips making so it WAS slowe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Left clicking on a clip in a sequence won't change anything, all that does is select the clip.

Adobe Premiere Pro Learn & Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem to misunderstand. I selected the "Speed/Duration" option, changed it to what I wanted, clicked "OK" and nothing happened as a result.

Edit: I just realized that I said left in my original post which is why youre confused. I meant the right mouse button. My bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the track locked?

Can you post a screenshot of your sequence showing the clip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ugh.png

The highlighted clips are the ones I wanted to change, but I tried to change them individually, not together. Im not really sure what the white rectangle on the bottom of the first highlighted clip means. Maybe thats my problem idk...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I can't tell which clips are highlighted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its kind of obvious that its the grayed ones towards the right but whatever, Ill zoom in...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might want to show us a much bigger picture: one that is zoomed in. so we can see what is going on. And with the thumbnails on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ugh2.png

Theres the two highlighted clips. Funnily enough it does show on the top the percentage its supposed to slow down at, but when I actually play it, it doesnt do anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not do anything as they are almost slowed down to a stop.

If you want extreem slomo's the clips need to be recorded with very high framerate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But thats not what I want... I want the time to expand alongside the slow-down which should be the point of the linking feature, but it did not extend the time at all. Also its 59 FPS so it should've been fine...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DvdTrk  wrote

I want the time to expand alongside the slow-down which should be the point of the linking feature, but it did not extend the time at all.

That was not quite clear in your question.

speed - ripple.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well alrighty, I just decided to re-add the clips altogether and for whatever reason, it works just as I wanted after I tried to slow them down again. So I guess after playing around with the clips before, I might've screwed something up that made it so it only had like 1 frame per clip. Im new to premiere so im still learning, but thanks for the attempt to help anyway!

Edit: Actually I decovered why it was screwed up. The clips were still squished in between my other clips making so it WAS slowed down, but it didnt have enough room to show the rest of the clip. So I guess when slowing clips down, you just have to give it some room first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure if youre trying to type the speed value into the settings box that "num lock" is active on your keyboard. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines