• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why Doesn't CTRL + [S] = SAVE!!!

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I click the control key and the 'S' Key more times than I blink in a day.  Why doesn't it actually save anything?

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange. Check the keyboard shortcuts window, maybe it got disabled somehow (slim chance, but stranger things have happened).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and if you go to the file menu and choose "save" does that work?  And usually the shortcut key combo will be next to the command in the menu...  You might try ressetting your preferences?  and always helps if you tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but that’s not it. When I click the save shortcut, the little ‘saving box’ pops up on the screen. Something is happening when I try to save a project. It’s just not saving that’s happening.

Get Outlook for iOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card.    And what happens if you do a "save as?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and are you trying to save directly to the cloud or a network drive?  Probably not a good idea.  Try saving to a local drive that's connected directy to your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working remotely, one station is local and one is back at work.  I never have a project locally and remotely at the same time.  If I'm working locally, I'm saving locally and vice versa.  If I save as, it appears to work as expected.  That being said, so does the regular save.

Here are the system specs:

LOCAL:  Windows 10pro, Premiere 13.1.5, 16 GB RAM, Intel Core i7-6820HQ

REMOTE:  Windows 10pro, Premiere 13.1.5, 96 GB RAM, Intel Xeon Silver 4114  

Thanks for all the input

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

so when you do a "save as" it doesn't actually save?   And does the "autosave" work?  And you have the same problem working both locally and remotely?  What are you using to work remotely?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines