• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why has Premier Pro become so crappy?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the last three weeks Premier Pro has been crashing.

It won't let me use my custom workspace.

Media Encoder keeps failing.

I am phoning support almost daily to get help and the problems get solved in the moment. Then I open another project and it doesn't work.

At one point I had a work around where I would change my workspace to editing then back to my custom. That doesn't work anymore.

I talk to the nice people in customer support and they are helpful but they do not seem to pass the problem along to the software engineers.

I used to trust Adobe to be there for me, especially on deadline.

I'm freaking out now because I am on deadline, the software is not living up to its product promise.

Has anyone tried DaVinic Resolve?

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The custom workspace is a known bug of 14.5. 

go to an adobe preset workspace, like color, then go back to your custom preset and everything should be ok. (worked for me)

As for the rest, it seems like the timeline points to problems with your system and 14.5 from 14.4, if you can roll back to version 14.4, from inside the adobe creative cloud program, adobe kinda rushed this one to get it ready for adobe MAX conference. 

As for DV... I hear its a steep learning curve from P Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've edited a few projects in resolve and didn't like it.  It's great for color correction but media management, connecting to media, proxy workflow and alot of other stuff all seemed unnecessarily unintuitive...  but the price is right...  I work with a cameraman who shoots stock footage and works in resolve and he's always calling me cause he can't figure something out...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines