• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is my masking effect applying to my full clip?

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

basically trying to do a masking transition into another clip but its applying the mask for the whole clip despite me setting a starting point keyframe? 

https://gyazo.com/102c1a99377744f3ecbd167a42a471d1

see the gif for example, I'm slightly confused as to why the keyframe isn't working?

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want the mask to 'cut in' you will need to set a keyframe 1 frame before your first keyframe with 'no mask' as its attributes. If you want the mask to creep in make that 'no mask' keyframe earlier than one frame before. If you want the mask to jump in it might be easier to just cut the clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I want the mask to apply when the wall finishes so it then begins to play the second clip which will then expand. For some reason even when I set a keyframe at the starting frame, it applies the black to the full clip like in the link i attached

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines