Highlighted

Why is performance better if add effects to Adjustment layer then on clip directly?

Participant ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly is going on behind the scenes that adding lumetri to an adj layer is better than direct to the clip?

In my case. I add a 4k clip to timeline, either prores or mp4,  Once i add lumtri the Bar on top turn RED and it's get laggy and usuable.

If i add an adjustment layer on top of clip and add lumtri, the bar is yellow and it scrolls fine.

Can anyone explain this?  The end effect is the same but i dont get why.

For HD clip this doesn't happen. becuase i assume my pc can handle that.

I just don't get it. 🙂

/J

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Why is performance better if add effects to Adjustment layer then on clip directly?

Participant ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly is going on behind the scenes that adding lumetri to an adj layer is better than direct to the clip?

In my case. I add a 4k clip to timeline, either prores or mp4,  Once i add lumtri the Bar on top turn RED and it's get laggy and usuable.

If i add an adjustment layer on top of clip and add lumtri, the bar is yellow and it scrolls fine.

Can anyone explain this?  The end effect is the same but i dont get why.

For HD clip this doesn't happen. becuase i assume my pc can handle that.

I just don't get it. 🙂

/J

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's really weird. I don't see why that would make a difference. Is this in one of the 2020 Premiere Pro versions? Or which version is it exactly? To me, this sounds like a bug. Might be worth reporting over on Uservoice.

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has to do with how the app splits out the workload ... I had this sort of thing explained by an engineer once, and ain't no way I can repeat the full technical explanation.

It's similar to say, needing to apply Warp, then nest the clip, then apply color to the nested clip gets better playback than applying Warp and color without nesting before color.

It would be useful to know the full specs of your computer, and also the media you're using, plus what you're doing in Lumetri to get a better feel for the whole situation.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0