• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is PP struggling to handle multi-camera sequence on my beastly editing workstation?

Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using PP for years and I've never seen it struggle like this before.  I'm getting like 15 frames-per-minute playback on my timeline.  When I press play it takes 3 seconds to begin playing.  When I press stop it takes 10 seconds to stop playing.  It's impossible to accurately edit with these delays.

It's a 6 camera multi-cam sequence and I have playback quality set to 1/4th.  The original files are UHD 60p MP4 but I'm using the proxy media workflow with the 1280x720 60p ProRes422 codec.  The proxy media is on a NVMe SSD drive with a 3500MB/s read speed.  My PP cache is on a different NVMe SSD drive with equally fast speeds.  My PC has a Ryzen 3950x with 64GB of 3600MHz RAM and a Nvidia 2080Ti.  I'm running PP ver. 14.7

Can anyone tell me why my system is struggling to handle such a simple multi-cam sequence?

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Nevermind.  Somehow proxies were turned off in the Preferences menu.  After selecting "Enable Proxies" the playback is smooth like butter. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nevermind.  Somehow proxies were turned off in the Preferences menu.  After selecting "Enable Proxies" the playback is smooth like butter. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines