• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is premiere pro cropping my video?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro is importing my videos at full size and then cropping them once I've put them in the sequence? What's going on? How can I fix it?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Your sequence size does not match your clips, Select a clip in the project panel and right click 'New Sequence from Clip' this will make a sequence the correct size.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did what you did but now, I can't import other videos (same resolution)... there's the little hand but with the logo with the bar... What can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Import them into the project ... or add them to a sequence? Two very different things and I'm not sure which is the current issue.

You import the media from the Media Browser panel (best method) and it appears in your Project panel. You can organize the project panel by creating bins and naming them for what you store in them. That's using the little folder icon in the lower right of the project panel.

You add media to a sequence in the Timeline panel via drag/drop from Project panel or from the Source monitor, and of course... there are the Source and Track targeting controls you need to set. Source targets are the tracks for video and audio that you want to add media onto in the sequence. Track targets are for moving media and control options within the sequence itself.

Neil

Source Patching.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can right click/ two finger click on that clip and select set to frame size.

Good Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. Later I noticed my export resolution is different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It just happened to me recently.

I lost some part of my video, because I convert it to the mp4 using VCL, and VCL is not a proper software for converting video.

My tutor suggests me to use Handbreak, you can download it, and also donwload the supporting software: net framework here:

https://download.visualstudio.microsoft.com/download/pr/8bc41df1-cbb4-4da6-944f-6652378e9196/1014aac...

After download and install both of them, you can convert your video to mp4, and voila, you can put it in the sequence in a full duration.

Hope this will help. Because it helps me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OP is talking about resolution, not duration.

You dont need extra software: Handbrake or Shutter Encoder is just fine if the footage is variable framerate.

If its constant framerate you can use AME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines