• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is premiere pro doing this?

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i would like to ask a question, why is adobe premiere pro doing this, i tried a lot of things but it's not helping at all.

The audio and video keeps cutting and stuff, i don't understand why.

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

looks like your source is a screen recording which is usually variable frame rate which is problematic in Premiere.  Unfortuantely, it's hard to predict when and if there will be problems so it's smarter to just bite the bullet and convert any vfr material to a constant frame rate

use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate

https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention this to be honest, but it's for everything that i use not just this one, and everything was fine before, all i remember doing was updating my amd drivers that's all, but now every video does that even if it worked before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well try and rollback your amd drivers...  but use media info and see if your source is vfr.   as I said, you cannot predict if and when you'll have problems with vfr material, so it's smarter to just fix it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and probably a good idea to tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties and sequence settings...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all i've tried to use handbrake and even after that it didn't work.

Now i will try to update my windows since i haven't updated it in a long time and i will try to rollback my drivers.

I am using Premiere Pro v13.1

My pc specs are:

16G 3200mhz ram

AMD Ryzen 5 2400G 

AMD Rx 470 8Gb

And a small SSD for my OS with a 1TB hard drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welp, tried everything i could, still doing it with everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you check file you fixed in handbrake with media info to confirm it's constant frame rate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines