Highlighted

Why is there no Batch Export of multiple clips from Premiere CS6?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a no brainer.  Every other NLE has had this for at least a decade, yet PP CS6 makes you INDIVIDUALY export clips rather than sending them as one batch. What a time waste for someone looking to move to CS6 from FCP and finding it's slower.  

With the latest update (CC7.1), Premiere supports exporting multiple selected project items -- clips or sequences. Select them in the Project panel, then go File>Export>Media.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Why is there no Batch Export of multiple clips from Premiere CS6?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a no brainer.  Every other NLE has had this for at least a decade, yet PP CS6 makes you INDIVIDUALY export clips rather than sending them as one batch. What a time waste for someone looking to move to CS6 from FCP and finding it's slower.  

With the latest update (CC7.1), Premiere supports exporting multiple selected project items -- clips or sequences. Select them in the Project panel, then go File>Export>Media.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 18, 2013 1
Contributor ,
Apr 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you 100%.  It would make it a lot easier to send clips out for CC, FX, etc.

Submit a feature request.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2013 1
Participant ,
Apr 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eh, probably so, but the time I save working in a 64 bit application with Mercury Playback more than makes up for the time that I have to individualy add sequences to the queue from the timeline. Still - good feature to include in an update.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2013 1
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prelude might be the better tool for this job.  It can batch convert on Import.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2013 0
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jim, prelude CS6 keeps crashing under mavericks. I am running the newsest MacbookPro 15" Retina (purchased just 2 weeks back) and every time I ingest clips the program freezes. Thats why I stopped using it. I did all the updates but it seems like I can't solve the problem. Any suggestions?? Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2014 0
Engaged ,
Sep 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not quite enough info here...

Great with the specs on the system, but I need ram and HDD info, along with a few details about your workflow.

First, what are you ingesting?  I need the physical media and file type it starts with.

Second, are you transcoding?  I need to know what you transcode to (file type and the specs for frames etc).

Third, where are you sending them?  I need to know what Disk, and any other info on where the files are going.

Fourth, how long are the clips?  The longer they are, the longer it takes to ingest, and the more active the scene the longer it will take to scrub through.  Some systems have a file-size issue with the volume you output to.  I suggest using an external disk formatted as EXT4 (exfat 4), it has a 16terabyte file-size limit.  Other file systems will split the files in an odd fashion, and often do so destructively with larger files.  Less than 6gb isn't a problem, but more... ...the system may flag it.

Finally, what are you using to ingest the files? USB, thunderbolt, firewire... ...They all have their good and bad.  USB has version 1 2 and 3.  Firewire has 400 and 800.  Thunderbolt has only 1 speed ("wtf was that?").  Usb can have stability problems and disconnects, and usb3 isn't exactly perfectly compatible with mac.  If you can, get a thunderbolt usb3 hub, they limit the speed in, but maintain the stability.  You'll get 1-2\3 usb3 speeds with stability of thunderbolt at the computer end.

One last note, make sure your permissions are set and the application support folders are okay... ...I've had apps crash when they tried to access this in the /user/library folder, mainly do to a mavericks update that was supposed to lock down security.  Make sure these folders allow the app to access them.  You may need to find some tools to "Watch" the app, or find a crash log after and read where it failed.

To really get into things, I need all this.

You might try to do a permissions repair.  Some updates don't reset them properly or the magnetics on a drive go a little haywire when reading the permissions.  You need to ensure your system is clean.  Do a drive repair just in case.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2014 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Tobson: Please start a new thread specific to the hang you're encountering. Unless this problem extends to Premiere Pro, that thread should be entered on the forum specific to Prelude: Adobe Prelude

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2014 0
Participant ,
Apr 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can drag and drop any number of clips or sequences into Adobe Media Encoder.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2013 1
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree too. We need an easier way for batch exports. Make a feature request here: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2013 1