Okay so before I start let me tell you my pc specs:
Okay so now that is out the way here is my problem, first of all, this never happened before and I have been using this since last year I just updated to premiere pro cc 2018 to see if that would fix the issue but it still didn't. Okay now seriously here is the problem. Whenever I try to play footage within the timeline I get the cracking popping audio feedback and also the frames are cutting and skipping which makes it impossible to edit. I thought it was the 4k video so I imported a 360p video file and I still had the same issue. On the bright side whenever I export the file it plays back smoothly without any errors but its just impossible to edit with frames dropping and the annoying popping/cracking-out-of-sync audio playback I am getting. If anyone could help me please let me know. My twitter is @its_shevi if you want to reach me and I could show video footage and all that. Thanks in advance.
I had this problem as well, and when I went into Preferences, Audio Hardware and set the Default Input to "No Input", the problem went away. Give that a try and see if it cures it for you.
Yes! Thank you! Not only was it driving me crazy, I'm sure it was going to damage the speakers on my new computer if it persisted.
Worked perfectly. Thanks
This fixed it the issue for me. I have an external sound card plugged in. Changed the default input to the computer Mic and then No Input, both fixed the issue. Thanks!
Yes great reply! worked for me for the time being but will soon be needing an mic input for voiceover. Hopefully thihs solves it 100% !
This fixed the issue for me. Thanks!
Copy link to clipboard
OK so I got it fixed. If you change the audio hardware to MME in place of ASIO that might fix it. That's what I dod and now it's working.
Copy link to clipboard
I had the same problem started some time in the last month and found a workaround that reduces the audio crackling and popping: In Preferences > Audio Hardware: I doubled the audio latency (I usually have it set at 60). At 120 I am no longer getting the crackles and pops. Worth a try if you're having a similar problem.
Playback however, is still ABSOLUTE GARBAGE in cc2018 and has been since it came out. 1080p plays back at 2fps at 1/4 quality and 4k is but a dream. On a maxed out VR laptop too so that issue's all on Adobe. Sadly can't rely on Premiere for pro work any more. However I've become VERY skilled at editing whole videos looking at the audio waves only and rendering every time I want to see how it looks! Adobe lols
I'll update this thread if I find a proper fix for the audio, or any improvements on playback issues.
Just updating my original post as there has been some (very small) progress in playback. Completely reinstalling and graphics driver AND clearing every cache file I could finds strewn about Adobes file structures helped. I can now playback most of the time at a blazing 1/4 resolution (jeez Premiere, really?!) so long as I have no more than 2 video tracks and no Lumetri effects applied.
The issue: I found nearly 70GB of cache files in total, despite me setting Adobe to clear anything in excess of 15gb and manually clearing unused cache daily.
So a little workaround for 1 problem, caused by another 1. Adobe lols continue!
I'm having this exact issue as well.
32GB DDR4 RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5
My audio interface is a USB Focusrite Scarlette 2x2
On the time line I have only 2 video tracks (one with 1080 video, the other is an adjustment layer with some basic Lumetri color correction). I have 6 tracks of audio, but only 2 or 3 with content playing simultaneously.
This should be a piece of cake.
I've tried restarting.
Checked and confirmed audio hardware settings is set to ASIO driver, buffer: 512, sample rate: 48KHz
Confirmed Audition is set to same.
Checked cache and it's fine
Plenty of room in cache drives (SSD 850 EVO M.2)
I've been editing this project for several weeks and everything was fine. Now suddenly this problem.
It is literally preventing me from working. It's so bad I can't edit
Hi I somehow solved the problem. I didn't approach it very methodically, so I can't know for sure what fixed it, but I'm pretty sure it had to do with either one or any combination of the below: