• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why my video shorten upon import ?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This software really get my nerves. first, i cant even put mkv file then i had to convert it to mp4. it was 7 minutes long video, upon converting it i check it was full video but when i put it on assembly suddenly became 48 sec only. This is just 1 minute process where i never encounter using filmora. Just waste 1 hour just to put a video there [cursing removed] 

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

When you converted to mp4 did you also check to see if the original file had VFR variable frame rate? If so, you should convert to constant frame rate while you change to mp4. 

You can use the free MediaInfo program to get info on your clip. Get the program and using the 'Tree' view post a screenshot of your clip: https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

You might give us some info on your system, CPU, GPU, memory, drives, etc and if you have a short clip, if you can provide a link for it I

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you converted to mp4 did you also check to see if the original file had VFR variable frame rate? If so, you should convert to constant frame rate while you change to mp4. 

You can use the free MediaInfo program to get info on your clip. Get the program and using the 'Tree' view post a screenshot of your clip: https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

You might give us some info on your system, CPU, GPU, memory, drives, etc and if you have a short clip, if you can provide a link for it I'll download it and take a look also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines