• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will a Geforce GTX 1050 Ti be compatible with Premiere Pro? [Was: Graphics card?]

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if this graphics card will be compatible with Premiere Pro CC? It's not on the list of recommended specs so I'm not sure if it has to be one of those.

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050TI 4GB

[Title edited by moderator]

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

List is not accurate anymore.

If the card has at least 1 gig VRAM it will work.

Dont think mentioned card will be a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks....

I'm still confused...

In the link you just sent me... on right side it reads:

Update 9/24/14
This bug has been fixed in Premiere Pro CC 2014 (8.0)
This bug has been fixed in After Effects CC 2014 (13.0)

Please update these applications to avoid this issue.

So where does that leave me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the other thread you posted the same thing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 22, 2019 Jun 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This convo continues and is in the original thread here:

Blank monitor and source monitors, still not resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If U have the correct files it will work I belive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue is actually more on the Intel driver side on the Dell XPS 15 w/ GTX1050 Ti.  I did a clean install on the Nvidia driver but there is not such an option on the Intel driver who keeps reverting to version .5037 (from .6373) at every Windows update.  And that driver is not playing well at all with CUDA. I checked the "disable win update temporarily" which should keep my system untouched for a month or so...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows and their incremental "useful" updates lol.

I thank God my PC days are over and the only time I go near windows is for my render farm lol.

Good idea keeping auto updates off but be sure not to miss any important ones

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, you aware the number of Mac only issues around here? Ain't no one really being "our friend" right now.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hehehe yes but u know me and my macs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, folks...I've been using the 1050 Ti for several years. I just upgraded my system (in November) to i7-8700/32GB DDR4 RAM and of course new M/B (ASUS PRIME Z390-A). My current experience is that the 1050 Ti is now the bottleneck in my system. It works...but occasionally I have a jittery picture and very occasionally the image goes completely black. The only fix is saving, exiting, reopening PPro. I believe the card is the cause because when experiencing these items I open CAM Desktop and the GPU is showing 100% usage.

I think that the 768 cores and 4GB VRAM are just not enough. I'd love some recommendations from the great people here who could tell me: my inclination is to upgrade, perhaps to RTX 2060 or 2070. 2070 would double my VRAM and increase core count to 2304. 2060 is $150 less (coming soon, not yet released) has 1920 cores, 6GB GDDR6 VRAM.

I guess my questions are: Will I likely get fewer session failures with one of these cards, 2) given that I'm not a gamer, "only" a video editor, will I get enough bang for the buck to spend the extra $150 shekels on the RTX 2070 vs. the 2060, and 3) by making this move, am I significantly future-proofing myself? Thanks...

Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both would be significant upgrades. What's the CPU?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Neil, and thanks for chiming in!

I upgraded my CPU to i7-8700 (from i7-4770K). Decided not to pay the extra shekels for the 8700K because as a non-gamer I don't see any reason to push my system by overclocking. 32G DDR4 RAM. ASUS Prime Z390-A M/B.

I agree that either would be significant, and beyond Premiere current specs (they don't do anything with the ray-tracing and other aspects that differentiate GTX from RTX - yet) but given the pricing of the GTX 10 series beyond my 2016-vintage 1050 Ti and the RTX 1060 and 1070 series...it makes no sense to me to stay in the 10-series space.

The question is whether there's enough significance between the two cards in question to venture up to the higher-priced (and admittedly more powerful) card.

Thanks!

Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2019 Jul 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it works. I just tested now. I had to change the drivers from Gaming to regular drivers, but it worked fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Cristianablw any chance you can post a link to the driver you used for the 1050TI? Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the below one and it will work. Itoo have the  same one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines