• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will a Geforce GTX 1050 Ti be compatible with Premiere Pro? [Was: Graphics card?]

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if this graphics card will be compatible with Premiere Pro CC? It's not on the list of recommended specs so I'm not sure if it has to be one of those.

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050TI 4GB

[Title edited by moderator]

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

List is not accurate anymore.

If the card has at least 1 gig VRAM it will work.

Dont think mentioned card will be a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

List is not accurate anymore.

If the card has at least 1 gig VRAM it will work.

Dont think mentioned card will be a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, does this mean the gtx 960m will still do the job?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am sorry to tell you this, but you have practiced poor forum etiquette. Responding to a thread with information that is not relevant to the original topic whose last response was a long time ago (a practice called "thread necroing").

With that said, as I have told another poster about the GTX 960M, it is effectively no longer supported in any currently available version of Premiere Pro. Here are the reasons why:

• There are absolutely no Studio Drivers available at all for that GPU and any other 900-series and earlier GeForce GPUs.
  • The GTX 960m is not a true 900-series GeForce GPU at all - but it is actually a first-gen Maxwell part (GM107) which debuted in the GTX 750 series GPUs back in 2014 - more than seven years ago (whereas the desktop GTX 960 was based on the second-gen Maxwell GM206 part).
  • Beginning with the 440-series Nvidia graphics drivers, CUDA support for GPUs up to and including the first-gen Maxwell (GM1xx) parts have been depreciated: In the case of the GTX 960M, CUDA support is restricted to only CUDA 10.1 level even if the CUDA software itself is CUDA 11.x. In the near future, CUDA will be disabled at driver level for all legacy GPUs up to and including the GTX 960M.
  • Finally, at some point in the near future Nvidia will discontinue new driver releases for these older GPUs.

As it stands, don't be surprised that you have some stability and/or quality issues if you run any newer version of Premiere Pro with that GTX 960M. Adobe now requires a newer version of CUDA than what the GTX 960M supports at hardware level in order to run properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's why it isn't listed:

Adobe could only test so many different GPUs, and when it tests GPUs, it tests most of the Quadro workstation GPUs but only the most expensive high-end GeForce gaming GPUs. So, Adobe can only list what it has tested. And the Quadros that Adobe tested have hardware specs that are comparable to those of many of the lower-end GeForce GPUs, so Adobe doesn't test the lesser GeForces.

If on the other hand Adobe tested a given GPU, and found it to be incompatible with the MPE GPU acceleration mode, then Adobe would have listed that GPU on a separate list called "should be used only in MPE Software Only mode".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am honestly pretty sure it's an new graphics card so I don't know why it won't

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It'll work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. But whether it's worth it depends in large part on the CPU that the OP is going to use it with. One would not want to use it in a system that's equipped with a high-end 14-core CPU because the GPU would then become the limiting factor. However, that same GTX 1050 Ti would be perfectly fine in a lower-end PC with only a quad-core CPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. But whether it's worth it depends in large part on the CPU that the OP is going to use it with.

I understand your idea, but disagree with your phrasing.

It'll function regardless of CPU choice (assuming a compatible motherboard).  It will show the GUI and accelerate various render jobs.  It'll "work".

You're talking about efficiency of the system as a whole, which is a valid subject, but not the question directly asked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course, even though it is not on the Adobe Premiere Pro white list it will work, so take it easy and enjoy it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

michelleb40567155  escribió

Does anyone know if this graphics card will be compatible with Premiere Pro CC? It's not on the list of recommended specs

It does not matter, it fulfills the requirements, to your doubt it is, Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until this thread is marked Correct, everybody reading this thread will post saying that it will work, so as I don't want to be left out:

Yes, it will work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly jajajajaj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I bought a computer with a Radeon R7 (and M265) GPU and Premiere started freezing just after starting a project. I was on chat support with Adobe and he said that it wasn't supported by the latest version of Premiere (and could not disable both cards). So before I buy another computer I need to know if it is supported (Hind at Adobe support was no help this time).

So just to clarify:

Similar GPUs to the listed ones will be compatible?

I'm looking at this one (or the original post):

Intel i7-3630QM 16GB Ram Nvidia GeForce GTX 670

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a GTX 960 and Premiere works just fine on it (for the most part -- other areas of my computer could be improved, haha).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a lots of CUDA playback issues (CUDA playback dropping off, black screen after few minutes) with Dell XPS 15 9750 with Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti.  I got it to work reliably with and older GeForce driver (397.93) which I can no longer install because Win 10 64 automatic updates.  The newer GeForce drivers  416.34 and 416.81 (compatible with Win 10 64 Built 17134) have CUDA playback issues with laster version of Premiere Pro CC (Version 13.0.1 (built 13). You can revert your project to Open CL mode which works reliably but much slower export/playback.  Really frustrating with a new machine....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is part of the cause for Nvidia driver issues in Windows:

Like many users, you probably upgraded the drivers in place, allowing the installation to simply overwrite the older drivers. This may result in both newer and older components clashing with one another - and the preferences with the old drivers aren't fully compatible with those of the newer drivers. To minimize that risk, the recommended procedure is to use the Custom installation option, and check "Perform a clean installation"..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Especially so with the newer series of drivers as they were released a while back. Doing that custom clean install is something I need to remember to suggest, thanks for mentioning this!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michelle. Are you on a Mac or Windows machine?

The 1050, while not being listed on the compatibility list will in fact be seen by Premiere Pro as long as you have CUDA installed.

if only the graphic card driver is installed it will not be seen so please ensure CUDA drivers are up to date.

I trust this will be of assistance

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Machine and same issues for me. I don't think its acceptable to have a paid software that doesn't render videos at speeds from this decade on one of the most popular gpu's on the planet right now. If I use it in normal open CL  rendering mode I get all purple and green horizontal lines across the project during any playback or editing process. Its not worth it until there's a fix..... and they seem to be taking their sweet time unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karen,

I hope you are on Windows machine with Intel card + NVidia Card on your machine.

NVidia has released a new driver 417.01 on 11/26/18 so please update to that and for Intel and Green/Pink line issue, update the Intel card from below KB link.

Resolution for an issue where green, purple, or pink haze appears in the Source or Program monitors,...

Hope this helps.

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you ever get your GTX 1050 Ti to function properly using CUDA?   I'm in the same boat and it's sinking fast.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

I installed CUDA 10.1 latest driver  and tried the Nvidia driver 26.21.14.3086  and 25.21.14.1967  all with clean installs and clean re installs of ppro v13.0.2 , still doesn't work.  On a reboot, I see the image one time, but when I open another sequence or a clip, the monitors go black. Same sh*t.  Very frustrating. It was working fine for about a month or so, then BAM.

Have a great set up:

AMD Ryzen 7 1800x 8 core

WIN 10 64Bit

32GB Ram fast everything and brain chip around 3.9

and just editing simple standard DV.

I still can't believe that PPro is what 15 years in the making and today, I can't get the dam monitor to work???? It's insane. This program is infested with bugs and too many cross variables with other products.

Anyways, I'm stuck so please send your wisdom and experience to those of us who are out on a ledge.

Thanks,

Letty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont install the cuda driver on a windows machine. Only the graphics card driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines