• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will Premiere Pro makes use of Apple's Afterburner Card?

Guide ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been said that other NLE can makes use of Apple's Afterburne card if they write the code for it. I think it would be a waste of time considering you can get 32 Core CPUs for $2,000.00. It would be better to spend $2,000.00 on a  a Dual 32 Core CPU configuration than spend $2,000.00 on the Afterburner card. I know Apple does not use AMD CPUs or Dual CPU configurations but I think they might have to start offering them. What do you folks think?

https://youtu.be/OmgPt5nMZMQ

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this??? I still have the same question???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update: yes Adobe has now added support for Apple's Afterburner card in Premier Pro, that card is capable of beating 8 super powerful CPUs, because it is special dedicated hardware specifically for video editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is awesome to hear!!! Thanks for sharing the good news - I'll get the afterburner card now...should turn my new Mac Pro into a beast. Epic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DM10, or anyone else 🙂 .. 

i am still not sure if the Afterburner Card will be worth it... Did you get it / used it yet. Would love to hear from your experience with it. Can you reccomand it ? Who significant are the differences you are experiencing? Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I haven't purchased the card yet -

the jury may still be out and I'd say it really depends on how you will be using premiere. Personally my Mac Pro is operating excellently without it but I'd still like to try it  - also with apple moving away from intel over the next few years it'll be interesting to see if they plan to make use the afterburner with their new chips. 

hopefully this thread below answers some questions 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta/feature-focus-afterburner-prores-hardware-decompres...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines