Highlighted

Will Premiere Pro SDK work for me?

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if I should invest the effort to learn how to use the SDK, and I'm basing my decision on whether or not it can do what I want it to. I make compilation videos, and it would be relaly nice if they were automated. For example, I start with a list of videos (path to file, perhaps), timestamps of highlights, add transitions between highlights, add a lower third at the start of every video section, and do an intro and outro that involves some keyframes. Could I write up a macro using the Premiere  Pro SDK in C++ to automate some or all of those tasks? I have beginner C++ experience (more of a Python guy), and I've read the first quarter of the documentation, but it feels like there's no Hello World equivalent for this SDK.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by justintaylor | Adobe Community Professional

You might be able to get away with this in a CEP panel, which will be far eaiser to get up and running with and faster to debug since it's JavaScript based. I'm not sure you can apply transitions, but you could defeintly add keyframes, and the rest of your steps sound workable with the JS API.

Check out the example panel here: https://github.com/Adobe-CEP/Samples/tree/master/PProPanel

TOPICS
How to, SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Will Premiere Pro SDK work for me?

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if I should invest the effort to learn how to use the SDK, and I'm basing my decision on whether or not it can do what I want it to. I make compilation videos, and it would be relaly nice if they were automated. For example, I start with a list of videos (path to file, perhaps), timestamps of highlights, add transitions between highlights, add a lower third at the start of every video section, and do an intro and outro that involves some keyframes. Could I write up a macro using the Premiere  Pro SDK in C++ to automate some or all of those tasks? I have beginner C++ experience (more of a Python guy), and I've read the first quarter of the documentation, but it feels like there's no Hello World equivalent for this SDK.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by justintaylor | Adobe Community Professional

You might be able to get away with this in a CEP panel, which will be far eaiser to get up and running with and faster to debug since it's JavaScript based. I'm not sure you can apply transitions, but you could defeintly add keyframes, and the rest of your steps sound workable with the JS API.

Check out the example panel here: https://github.com/Adobe-CEP/Samples/tree/master/PProPanel

TOPICS
How to, SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2020 1