• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

With ExtendScript how can I load all video files from directory into Premiere?

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to just enter the path to a directory and get ExtendScript to import all the video files into my Premiere Pro.  

I've gotten as far as getting them to load if I write the array out myself.

var myFiles = ["C:/Users/ooo/Documents/video_two.mov", "C:/Users/ooo/Documents/video_one.avi"];

app.project.importFiles(myFiles);  

How can I get it to load all the files just by giving it the 'C:/Users/ooo/Documents/' directory?

BONUS QUESTION: Is this where everything on the web comes to ask about scripting in Premiere Pro? There aren't any tags for scripting and I had trouble finding posts specificly about scripting.

TOPICS
Editing , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got it by adding iterating over the items and passing the full path name with `fsName` because Folder, and/ or getFiles seems to cut the string in half and put a ~/ at the beginning, which Premiere Pro scripting doesn't go for. Though After Effects scripting takes truncated path names like that.

myFolder = Folder("C:/Users/ooo/Desktop/").getFiles("*.avi")

for (var i = 0; i < myFolder.length; i++) {
      app.project.importFiles(myFolder[i].fsName);
      }

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines