• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

With these settings, will I be able to use Premiere Pro?

Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My laptop has:

10 GB DDR3 RAM
Core i5 3320M
Without video card (Integrated video only)
And without SSD

Does anyone recommend me an old version? (if you tell me that I won't be able to use the 2020 version)
TOPICS
Editing , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Unfortunately, the most recent version that works properly (albeit sluggishly) with your old system is now no longer available any more. Even the oldest version that's currently available, version 13.1.5 (2019), throws up a compatibility issue with your current system with any of the available drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can it run windows 10? if so, you'll have to use really small, really light proxies to work with a slow CPU and hard disk. ram is good. I'd recommend proxies with no keyframes. if using free shutter encoder, it has the nice 'fast decode' option that disables CABAC for slow cpu's. if you're color grading, it probably will only playback at half or quarter rez with lumetri enabled even with a proxy. if this doesn't bother you, download the trial and run it through its paces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another question i have, is wheter i will at least be able to use Adobe Premiere with HD project and 30 FPS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you mean with or without proxies? you could import 8k footage and playback smoothly with small proxies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No proxies, normal HD videos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

depends if its intraframe or interframe. interframe uses delta compression and is way harder on the cpu. the problem is that your hard drive is also a bottleneck, so simply saying 'use a large proxy file' may not be an option either. you can actually make small h.264 intraframe, no CABAC, fast decode proxies or maybe a small dnx or prores proxy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the most recent version that works properly (albeit sluggishly) with your old system is now no longer available any more. Even the oldest version that's currently available, version 13.1.5 (2019), throws up a compatibility issue with your current system with any of the available drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Enquanto as versões 7.0.0 (que pelo menos é compativel com minha GPU integrada) eu vou conseguir utilizar sem problenas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines