Highlighted

Won't let me drag audio into sequence.

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to drag the clip into the sequence, it only lets me drop the video, audio doesn't come with it.

2017-04-04 (2).pngThis just started happening as you can see there is audio for the previous clips, but whenever I try to add another one it doesn't bring the audio with it. I tried pressing UNDO to maybe reverse a setting I accidentally enabled but that didn't seem to work either.

Hey there – we created a visual solution for this issue. When you can't add to your timeline, it usually has something to do with source patching! Here's all the details in 60 seconds. 

Hope it helps!

Caroline

TOPICS
Audio, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Won't let me drag audio into sequence.

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to drag the clip into the sequence, it only lets me drop the video, audio doesn't come with it.

2017-04-04 (2).pngThis just started happening as you can see there is audio for the previous clips, but whenever I try to add another one it doesn't bring the audio with it. I tried pressing UNDO to maybe reverse a setting I accidentally enabled but that didn't seem to work either.

Hey there – we created a visual solution for this issue. When you can't add to your timeline, it usually has something to do with source patching! Here's all the details in 60 seconds. 

Hope it helps!

Caroline

TOPICS
Audio, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 04, 2017 1
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tomg,

It seems like an issue with Source patching. Enable the source patching for audio by enabling A1 button in the sequence.

2017-04-04+(2).png

Please let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 04, 2017 2
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! - I remember hitting that button by accident, but not knowing if it was turned on or off, then later this started happening.

Thanks so much!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 15, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain what source patching is?

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

source patching.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it!

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2018 0
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you! thank you thank you! soo much frustration happened up to this point 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It helps! Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 31, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope it helps!

Caroline

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0