• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wondering the release date for Adobe Premiere Pro 2021

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have been a long time Adobe customer and have been using their services for years to create TV Spots, and music videos for my website and portfolio. Recently with the holidays coming up I've taken some time off for my projects, for a few reasons. Well the first being Christmas should be spent with family, but the second reason is I am uncomfortable using my adobe products to create projects for my portfolio until after a major update (like to the 2021 version). For example, last year in 2019, when everything updated to Adobe Premiere 2020 I lost some vital project data for a music video I was working on. Given that it could happen again with the 2021 update, I was wondering if I'm safe to work on my stuff or if I should wait it out until another update comes out. I would also like to know when it will come out. In any case, I probably won't work on anymore projects until Januaray 6th, 2021 anyway just to be safe and enjoy the holidays. But what would really make my Christmas complete is getting that 2021 update before the 25th of December. Thank you so much for any help you can offer me on this subject. Have a very Merry Christmas everyone!

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally you will never get an answer regarding release dates and now with Covid-19 added to the mix the chance is lower.

Since some 2021 Adobe apps has been released and the fact that earlier releases always has been synced, iow all Adobe 20XX have been released the same day my guess is that due to Covid-19 this has changed for this release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Averdahl notes, we won't know when the next major version will "drop" until it drops. They never announce until they've settled on a date, and that seems to come within a week or few weeks of the release.

The public beta program is still clearly working on the 2020/14.x versions still also.

I would add though that you can have multiple installed versions of the CC apps working at the same time. Even open at the same time, I've done that before!

So work in one, install a newer one and duplicate some project and test it. Also ... it is always best with a major version update to create all new project files in the new version. Then in the Media Browser panel, navigate to the old version project file and import the assets. Vastly more stable than 'opening' an old project file in a new version.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have been a long time Adobe customer and have been using their services for years to create TV Spots, and music videos for my website and portfolio. Recently with the holidays coming up I've taken some time off for my projects, for a few reasons. Well the first being Christmas should be spent with family, but the second reason is I am uncomfortable using my adobe products to create projects for my portfolio until after a major update (like to the 2021 version). For example, last year in 2019, when everything updated to Adobe Premiere Pro 2020, and Aftereffects Pro 2020, respectively, I lost some vital project data for a music video I was working on. Given that it could happen again with the 2021 update, I was wondering if I'm safe to work on my stuff or if I should wait it out until another update comes out. I would also like to know when it will come out. In any case, I probably won't work on anymore projects until Januaray 6th, 2021 anyway just to be safe and enjoy the holidays. But what would really make my Christmas complete is getting that 2021 update before the 25th of December. Thank you so much for any help you can offer me on this subject. Have a very Merry Christmas everyone!

Please do not post the same question in 2 places... discussions merged... Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There was just a release of Premiere Pro in early December. Just because we are approaching 2021 doesn't mean any software has to have that year number included in the title of the program for it to new and Improved.

Current version of PP is 14.7. Is that what you have installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines