• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Work Area Issues

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think some of my keyboard shortcuts disappeared when updating Premiere. Now it no longer starts playing at the beginning of the work area when I press enter. Does anyone know what this feature is called? I've been searching in the keyboard shortcut menu for hours to no avail and I'm getting really frustrated.

To explain further, I like to work on certain parts of a video at a time and I used to be able to set the work area beginning and end points and then press enter and it would move the playhead to the beginning of the work area and play though until I press stop. Please help! Now when I press enter it just goes to the beginning of the timeline.

The other shortcut I setup was "r" for render work area.. this one still works.. but I don't always need to render a section.. maybe I'm just making edits and want to see how they flow.. but now I have no way of making Pr start at the work area bar. Please help me.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

I FIGURED IT OUT!

I went into preferences > timeline then checked the box "play after rendering previews".. Not sure why the update unchecked this box but thank god I figured it out. Back to editing!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's called render effects in work area:
render effects.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that and I set it up that way. But when I have a work area selected and press enter, nothing happens at all since the update. It just sits there. I refuse to use in and out points on the timeline. Please if anyone knows why this is happening I would love some help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press Enter instead of Space

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have it mapped to the enter key and press enter. Nothing happens. Thanks
for help everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I FIGURED IT OUT!

I went into preferences > timeline then checked the box "play after rendering previews".. Not sure why the update unchecked this box but thank god I figured it out. Back to editing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines