• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workflow query - mixed format multicam

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm editing a 3 camera multicam setup. Two shooting HD, one 4K (wide central).

I've set up the multicam sequence as 1080 and scaled the 4k down to fit the frame.

Once cuts are done I've keyfreamed a few "zooms" on the 4k footage for some variety. I've done this on the 4k cam's clips in the multicam sequence.

Trouble is the end render footage in those clips looks upscaled. It seems premiere is downscaling to upscale again. I thought it would all be kind of live linked.

I've not gone beyond what would 100% on the 4k. End product is 1080.

What's the correct way to handle this kind of setup? If I upscaled the HD footage in the nested sequence I presume I'd have the reverse problem?

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is either in your preferences or how you scaled them on the sequence. Set the Preferences option on the Media tab for default scaling to "set to framesize" rather than "scale to framesize".

With "scale to framesize", Premiere rasterizes the image to the sequence size. So yes, if you then resize up, you see pixelization pretty quick.

With "set to framesize" Premiere still "sees" the original pixel count, it just auto-scales the image to the size of the sequence. And any re-sizing you do on the sequence is done from the original pixel resolution.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Neil. I'll do that today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines