Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workflow working on Super 16 mm

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm going to be working on a short shot in Super-16 and some sections will go back to celluloid to be used in an art installation. Do any of you know which workflow should I use, if working on Premiere? how do we keep track of the relation between the key holes and the time code?

thanks

TOPICS
How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A company would have to do the trasfers. I think you can opt for Pro Res, H.264 etc. formats. It will play just like any other video aftert the transfer. You can then scrub to your favorite frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Andy, my main question is how do we keep the relation between the time code and the key holes for when the neg needs to be cut. Last project I did that went back to celluloid (12 years ago!) we had to use a special database program to keep the relation TCs and key holes. This program doesn't exist anymore, so I wonder how does it work nowadays

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you pay to have the audio and video synced? Can't you scrub through the digital video and decide where to make the cuts visualy as opposed to needing key holes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy, the issue is not with me making the cuts, the issue is going to be for the Lab to match my edit when cutting the neg. At least in my past experience, you had to fill a database that connected TC and key holes before you started cutting so when you produced the EDL it refered to the key holes. As this program doesn't exist anymore, who/how this information is passed on nowadays?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The lab? Can't you cut it in Premiere Pro and email a simple 640 X 480 H.264 version to the editor as a guide? Can't the editor then make frame by frame cuts without out the key holes using a Steenbeck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines