Highlighted

Working with multiple clips that have different video formats and/or attributes

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone. I'm a voiceover artist making a video demo-reel.  I have a bunch of clips from different projects/jobs I've worked on. Many of the clips have different specs, (screen res, frame rate,audio quality, etc).  So...

What would be the best way to get all of my video files to match-up in Premiere Pro?

Is there a way to individually convert each clip into ONE standard format? (Either in Premiere Pro or some other way?)

Or, could someone recommend a better process for dealing with video-clips that have multiple file formats/attributes?

I've already started a project in Premiere Pro and imported some files to see what I'm up against. But I'm just spinning in the snow until I can get all of these video files on the same base. This video demo-reel is going to be sent to talent agencies, so any help would be awesome. 

So please, does anybody know what I should do here?

Thanks in advance!

-DQ

TOPICS
Formats, How to, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Working with multiple clips that have different video formats and/or attributes

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone. I'm a voiceover artist making a video demo-reel.  I have a bunch of clips from different projects/jobs I've worked on. Many of the clips have different specs, (screen res, frame rate,audio quality, etc).  So...

What would be the best way to get all of my video files to match-up in Premiere Pro?

Is there a way to individually convert each clip into ONE standard format? (Either in Premiere Pro or some other way?)

Or, could someone recommend a better process for dealing with video-clips that have multiple file formats/attributes?

I've already started a project in Premiere Pro and imported some files to see what I'm up against. But I'm just spinning in the snow until I can get all of these video files on the same base. This video demo-reel is going to be sent to talent agencies, so any help would be awesome. 

So please, does anybody know what I should do here?

Thanks in advance!

-DQ

TOPICS
Formats, How to, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could of course pick a specific format/codec, like say ProRes 422, and then in MediaEncoder setup a preset for what you want to end up with for the project ... say, 1920x1080, 23.976 or 29,97 for fps, and say 48khz for audio. Then apply that preset to all the files, and you've got everything the same.

However ... Premiere tends to be able to handle a wide range of frame-size/rate media without much trouble. So ... if say a majority were a particular frame-rate, choose that as your base for your project sequences, and drop the other clips on a needed. Premiere will typically adjust pretty well.

For frame-size things, setting say 1920x1080 is sort of a middle ground ... and Premiere can easily handle bringing 4k/UHD media down to that frame size, especially if your preferences are set to "Set to framesize".

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 1
DugQuaid LATEST
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil,

Your reply is great. I'll apply your suggestions with  this project for sure!  Thanks for taking the time to help me. Super-nice of you. 
Thanks again. 
-DQ

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 1