Highlighted

working with Opacity mask

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I animate a mask, let's say oval mask, in the second track , movie in that mask, being on the first track , does the same as the oval mask itself. If I scale the mask , the picture scales also , if I rotate the mask , the picture rotates. But I don't want that! The picture should stay what it is , or rotate or scale like I indicated in the first track. What can I do?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

working with Opacity mask

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I animate a mask, let's say oval mask, in the second track , movie in that mask, being on the first track , does the same as the oval mask itself. If I scale the mask , the picture scales also , if I rotate the mask , the picture rotates. But I don't want that! The picture should stay what it is , or rotate or scale like I indicated in the first track. What can I do?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To what kind of asset did you add the mask in the V2 to?

Post screenshot timeline and effect controls (V1 and V2)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enclosed the scene made in Edius. This is an example of what I want to make in Adobe. So the pictures in the frames move independent of the frames and the frames go where I want them over the background. Moreover I want to make the white line edge of the frames

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that's what it does. However, to be clear, "scale' and 'rotation' apply to the clip and effect the mask relative to it's position in that clip. So, if you want to change the shape or size of the mask, be sure to select the "Mask Path" in the Effects Control Panel and then change the mask shape and or rotation on the mask controls itself. For instance if you want to increase the size (scale?) of the mask, you have to drag a node point on the mask to make it bigger. Having turned on keyframes on the mask path.

MyerPj_0-1603049174830.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2020 0
Ruud5C69 LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you . I was aware of this. But it still does not do what I want. It has now been made in Edius. Enclosed a link. Iwan t to make this in Adobe PP. Possible?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0