Workspace error premiere pro 2020

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue opening Premiere Pro

Dialogue box: Workspace Error - Unable to update workspaces. Please check user folder permissions error:

Error parsing properties list from file ..

Any tips how to find & correct this issue?

[Moderator: Moved to the Premiere Pro community]

TOPICS
CC FAQ, Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lewi_Vision,

very often these errors are due to corrupted files. If the error you are getting is from a default workspace you can trash it, as it will get re-created automatically next time you start Premiere. If that is a custom workspace, I would delete it as well.

Windows location: [username]\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\[version_number]\Profile-[username]\Layouts

The catch here is that if you look in the workspaces folder, there is no way to recognise any workspace because the names of the workspaces are just serial numbers without any meaning.  To see which one is which you need to look inside the xml file. So, in short, better to delete all workspaces and when you make a custom workspace keep a backup.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there Lewi_Vision,

I too had a pop up that said 'unable to update workspaces' and I'm desperate... I'm not at all technical - I don't actually know what a work space is, so I don't understand the solution you offered to the first person with this issue.

Are you able to explain how to fix this as if I am 10 years old? (Like precisely where do I go / what do I click to fix this?) 

I spent hours editing and now it's gone... If you could help me I will be forever grateful,

Thanks, 

Janiqua 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go to Documents>Adobe>PremierePro

there you will see a Folder with either 13.0 or 14.0

simply delete this Folder (Alternatively, create a new Folder within the PremierePro Folder and call it "Rubbish", then just drag-and-drop your 14.0 Folder in there.)

Now you can start Premiere Pro up again and it will work. 

the only thing that will be gone is how you have set up your own workspace...for example if you had assigned specific shortcuts or moved certain windows within your workspace to designated places, as opposed to the default layout from PremierePro. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya,

Thanks so much for replying 🙂 

I was actually using Adobe Rush not Adobe premiere sorry, unfortunately that doesn’t seem to have worked for me… 
I did the following…

In the premiere folder there was a folder called 12.0, i put it in a new folder called ‘rubbish’
In the Rush folder there were two folders called 1.0 & 1.5, I put these in a new folder called ‘rubbish’
I signed out of cloud and signed back in and opened Rush… All my projects open except the one I need (typical)  I click on it and nothing happens… The issue occurred when my computer ran out of battery, when I plugged it in again, my project didn’t open and it still won’t... 
I’ve also just noticed something else… all my projects are now called ‘untitled’… They all had names but now they don’t have names, this is so weird!
Any further advice gratefully received! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not at all technical either but from the very little I've read this seems to be a bug with Premier Pro 2020...perhaps Rush has the same issue.  Maybe contact adobe...?

Or read through this very long thread, which contains some more possible fixes...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/premiere-pro-workspaces-still-not-working/td-p/9976994?p...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much.  I tried this solution and it works!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. This finally worked!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This really worked! Thank you so much.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me as well. Thank you! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution worked. Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chusbaker, 

I have the same issue but on Mac. Any chance you can suggest a solution for Mac users too?

Thanks! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem on a mac , eventually i get the project to open but only after it has crashed , then i lose all the keyboard shortcuts and preferences , infuriating .

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Deleted the folder as described above, and now everything's "Media Pending."

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines