• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workspace goes black in Graphics Tab

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Adobe ever answer any of these questions? I've searched on this and have found numerous discussions similar to this over years with nobody from Adobe ever answering what causes it.

I'm using the latest Premier Pro CC on a Mac 10.11.3. Never had a problem like this since updating PP recently. Tried to edit a project and, when I go to the Graphics Tab, the workspace goes black. Not just the video, everything goes black.

Anyone got a fix for this? Adobe?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Hey NEFLRick,

If your problem isn't fixed by following the steps in the thread linked by Stan, try this:

1. Navigate to Documents > Adobe > Premiere Pro > 12.0 > Profile-username
  2. Rename the Layouts folder to OLD_Layouts

Let us know if this helps.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re your problem, see this thread:

Re: Premiere Pro 18 crashing when switching into specific workspaces

You may have to repeat this for other panels that go black.

Yes, Adobe staff do answer questions, but most of the helpers in the forums are users, not employees. Many of us would like to see an open bug list and more responsiveness regarding the status of updates, but that has not been the Adobe way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey NEFLRick,

If your problem isn't fixed by following the steps in the thread linked by Stan, try this:

1. Navigate to Documents > Adobe > Premiere Pro > 12.0 > Profile-username
  2. Rename the Layouts folder to OLD_Layouts

Let us know if this helps.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RameezKhan​: I just updated to 12.0.1 and experienced the OP's problem: The Graphics workspace displayed an entirely black screen. Forcing Premiere Pro to recreate the Layouts folder upon relaunch, as you directed, fixed the problem.

Tellingly enough, Titles appeared in the workspace bar. I think that's because the project I had opened was an older one that had been created before the Graphics workspace replaced the Titles workspace. Consequently there may have been some incompatibility introduced between the (working) Titles workspace and the (blank) Graphics workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed worked for me also but if you are on the cloud you may want to mention that you need to do it for the local user name and also for the creative cloud folder also

creative cloud.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked for me, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines