• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

wrong audio level of imported mts file on CC2018.

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using Premiere Pro v12.1 and have a problem with audio level for imported .mts video clips.

When I import a .mts video file (recorded by Sony camcoder cx-560), audio seems much louder than expected and a bit distorted. it doesn't happen on other video editing application, so I imported the same clip to Premiere Pro v11.0 but audio sounds OK (not lauder, not distorted).

The first image is the waveform on v12.1 (CC2018) and the second one is on v11.0 (CC2017). (Same .mts file, no effects are applied.)

To check if this happens on other media formats, I opened a .mov file on both versions, and the sound seems identical. I tried the .wav file and the result is the same.

So, This seems happening only on .mts file. I tried some .mts files (recorded with some different camcoders), but all show the same problem.

This happens when I open a .prproj that is created on v11.0. audio level of .mts clips become louder.

I reset the preference by pressing Alt when launching CC2018,but no change.

Is this a known issue? anyone knows a solution?

My environment:

Win10 Pro  64bit, i7-3930K, 32GB Mem, nVidia GTX680

Thank you very much.

AudioLevel_CC18.PNGAudioLevel_CC17.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I chatted with customer support, and he did all effort to try to fix this including resetting preferences, disabling plug-ins, but nothing fixed this issue.

He said that they changed the .mts codec on CC2018 and that may cause this issue, and they will try to fix this on next update.

so if you have same issue, you should use CC2017 until this issue gets fixed.

However, if anyone already has some workaround on this, please share it with us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The mts files contain AC-3 audio, the Dolby support is in the operating system, since it does not happen with both programs, we rule out that the fault is in the system.

Clean the Cache and Peak file folders:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2152942

Make sure that the cache folders are not shared with both programs.

Go to the source files (videos) and make sure you do not have other files, such as .xmp and .sfk, if you find them deleted.

Check the preferences of both programs and note that they match in the configuration with version 11.0, then close Premiere.

Start the program (12.1) by holding down the Alt (Option) + Shift key until the welcome screen appears.

And try importing the Mts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks juanmario for advice.

I agree that the problem is on the system (Premiere Pro) side, not in the OS side.

I already tried everything(delete peak & cache, reset preferences) on your post many times but it didn't help.

Cache and peak folders are not shared with CC17 and CC18.

I also uninstalled Audition since it also has the same problem, but no change.

So this is not made by broken cache or preferences, i guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Audition have the same problem, of the same version?

I remember having attended a consultation with audio problems in the MTS, what I do not remember is the exact version of Premiere, which motivates me to ask, .. the mts files have AC-3 audio or are similar to this:

Audio

ID: 4352 (0x1100)

Menu ID: 1 (0x1)

Format: PCM

Format settings, Endianness: Big

Format settings, Signature: Signed

Muxing mode: Blu-ray

Codec ID: 128

Duration: 11 s 435 ms

Bit rate mode: constant

Bit rate: 1 536 kb / s

Channel (s): 2 channels

Channel positions: Forward: L R

Sampling rate: 48.0 kHz

Bit depth: 16 bits

Delay relative to the video: -80 ms

Current size: 2.09 MiB (6%)

From the original file, if it were the case, it was corrected with the next update, in this case 12.1.2, the last one.

PD: What is this about every comment I make? I'm moderate, it's getting tired ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

juanmario,

Yes, the same problem happens on Audion CC 2018 (build 11.1.1.3), but not on CC2017 (10.1.1.11).

I checked the audio format info of an mts file, and it contains ac-3. (media info shows the followings)

Audio

ID                                       : 4352 (0x1100)

Menu ID                                  : 1 (0x1)

Format                                   : AC-3

Format/Info                              : Audio Coding 3

Format settings, Endianness              : Big

Codec ID                                 : 129

Duration                                 : 1 min 4 s

Bit rate mode                            : Constant

Bit rate                                 : 256 kb/s

Channel(s)                               : 2 channels

Channel positions                        : Front: L R

Sampling rate                            : 48.0 kHz

Frame rate                               : 31.250 FPS (1536 spf)

Bit depth                                : 16 bits

Compression mode                         : Lossy

Delay relative to video                  : -67 ms

Stream size                              : 1.97 MiB (2%)

Service kind                             : Complete Main

To check if this is a problem regarding ac-3, I export the issued mts file into mp4 with dolby digital audio (ac-3) on CC2017, and then import it to CC2018. The result is as your assumption. it also has the same problem as the issued mts file.

Audition CC2018 shows the same problem with ac-3 inside the mp4 file.

Interesting thing is that this problem doesn't happen when importing ac-3 audio.

I extracted ac-3 audio file from mts (imported mts on Audition CC2017 and export it to ac-3 (dolby digital), then import the .ac3 file to Premiere Pro CC2018, but the problem won't show up.

So this problem happens only when importing video files that contain ac-3 audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With older versions it was known that installing an old version on a newer one could cause problems.

I do not know if this is the case, as I do not know if it behaves in the same way with more current versions, assuming that it is, it would be a matter of trying to reinstall both programs again and in the correct order, from least to greatest, to do this you must use the cc-cleaner:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

From step 6.

And if that's not the case, I no longer have any idea what it can be, luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi juanmario,

In this case, having CC2017 with CC2018  on the same computer has nothings to do with the problem.

Plus, this program occurs on different computer that only has CC2018, so this is not my computer dependent issue.

Therefore, the best solution in this case at this moment is to use CC2017 for editing videos with ac-3 audio.

Thanks for your time and effort on this.

I really appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I updated Premiere Pro (PPro) to CC2019, but the same problem occurs. sad...

I had a chance to clean install Win10 on my laptop PC, so I installed Ppro CC2019 on clean installed Win10,

only to see the same problem again.

This means the problem is in PPro CC2018 and CC2019.

I posted the bug report. Hope this fixes the situation.

I now need to go back to CC2017, but I some Motion Graphics Templates that I made doesn't work on CC2017,

so need to wait CC2018/CC2019 get fixed.

Adobe engineers, please fix this ASAP! This is a very BIG problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines