Highlighted

XML / AAF / EDL Media is scatter all over the place after exporting Premiere to Davinici Resolve

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone ever had a problem trying to export XML, AAF, etc from premiere then opening it up in Davinci and notice that some clips are way off? (yes I did duplicate my main seq for color and deleted everything other than the clips to avoid issues.) I just finished my 4 days thesis shoot and I'm starting to think it might have been one of the cameras overlapping with one of the previous day's timecode.. But my sequence plays fine in premiere, its just when I export an XML/AAF/EDL. I've literally tried everything.. I'd greatly appreciate anyone's help on a fix. Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Export, Formats, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

XML / AAF / EDL Media is scatter all over the place after exporting Premiere to Davinici Resolve

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone ever had a problem trying to export XML, AAF, etc from premiere then opening it up in Davinci and notice that some clips are way off? (yes I did duplicate my main seq for color and deleted everything other than the clips to avoid issues.) I just finished my 4 days thesis shoot and I'm starting to think it might have been one of the cameras overlapping with one of the previous day's timecode.. But my sequence plays fine in premiere, its just when I export an XML/AAF/EDL. I've literally tried everything.. I'd greatly appreciate anyone's help on a fix. Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Export, Formats, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Conforming from one of these apps to another is always a bit of a pain. For example, if you have 'scale to framesize' used in your sequence and go to Resolve, it will not transfer correctly, but 'set to framesize' is normally rock solid.

Speed changes can be occasionally an issue, speed ramps ... clips where the speed changes ... are always a problem.

And occasionally, the apps don't agree on what the timecode information means.

Which is why the colorists I work with daily always require a flattened straight export in say a low-Q H.264 to put on the track above the sequence in Resolve and check the cuts, timing, framing and such. Because there will always be something to change, to correct.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 12, 2020 0