• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XML and EDL export to DaVinci Resolve problems

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having problems with my XML and EDL files from Premiere. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Here is my process.

I flattened all of my videos on the timeline into just one track. Audio is also just one track. I go to FILE-EXPORT-FINAL CUT PRO XML or EDL. On Resolve I click IMPORT TIMELINE-IMPORT AAF, EDL,XML. On the timeline on Resolve, 1/3 of the files are missing and of all the ones that are connect, it's not the correct ones. I had changed the file names on Premiere but when I look at the file, the original file name that comes from the camera and raw folder are the same. I even changed the names back to the original camera file names and still get the same problems. Has anyone ran into this? I have never had a problem like this before.

Original video files are Blackmagic Raw, shot in slow motion. I did do some speed changes in Premiere. Could this have caused it? I didn't change the speed on all of the clips. Of all of the clips used in the timeline, I've changed speed on maybe only 10% of them.

PLEASE HELP

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't worked with Blackmagic Raw but I've had many problems with moving from premiere to resolve and have found the most dependable way is to export a full resolution quicktime from premiere and bring that in to resolve and use an edl to divide the quicktime in to individual shots this way speed changes, etc are baked into the file.    If it's a multicamera job, I'll sometimes put shots from the same camera on their own video track and export each track seperately so color correcting for one angle is very simple.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response, but I need the RAW options from my original files. This doesn't do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you might have to remove the speed changes in premiere and reapply in resolve.  Since I haven't worked with Blackmagic Raw don't know about this, but by any chance are the clips spanned?  Never been able to figure out a way to get them to go to resolve from premiere properly,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

what helped me:

1. Drag all mediafiles into the media page of Davinci Resolve.

2. File -> Import -> Timeline -> and then select your .xml from Premiere Pro.

3. UNCHECK "automatically import source clips into media pool"

4. Still some files might be offline or wrong clips but it works in most cases. Be shure to put a rendered version of your film on top of the timeline with 50% opacity and it is easy to find any false clips by scrubbing through timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines