xml duplicate files

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have a huge documentary project that I have been creating log notes for via digital rebellion cutnotes and when i bring the notes in it replicates media in the project creating a mess of duplicate files that if deleted destroy the timeline with the markers. please help.

TOPICS
Editing, How to, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

xml duplicate files

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have a huge documentary project that I have been creating log notes for via digital rebellion cutnotes and when i bring the notes in it replicates media in the project creating a mess of duplicate files that if deleted destroy the timeline with the markers. please help.

TOPICS
Editing, How to, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you bringing the notes in? I'm not at all familiar with DR's cutnotes so I just went and took a quick look at the product. Are you using XML or ... what?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. The procedure with premiere is export xml of the timeline, use the dr
marker import tool to modify the xml file to include the notes and then
reimport the xml back into the project at which point a bunch of duplicate
files (new master clips) get brought in with the newly updated marked up
timeline.

--
Adam CK Vollick
+14163185907
Adamckvollick.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020 0
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried reaching out to digital rebellion?  They're pretty responsive if you need help.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have been communicating with them as well. Jon is great.

--
Adam CK Vollick
416 318 5907
adamckvollick@gmail.com
http://adamckvollick.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020 0
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is what the "productions" workflow is designed to fix.  Haven't used it myself, but worth some searching here and on the adobe website and some general googling.   I'm going to be investigating this over the next few weeks with a friend who wrangles complex projects with multiple editors and is frustrated by exactly this behavior.    But in the meantime, why not just move the duplicate media to a folder that you never need to look at...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020 1
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mgrenadier has a good suggestion for the future ... the Productions workflow, as the way that is designed you never get the duplicated assets mess, and especially ... large projects are never seen by the computer as a large project so they load and run much faster. Yet all assets of the Production are available in all projects within that Production without duplicating ... without loading tons of data to cache/RAM ...

Neil

Premiere Pro Productions Introduction

Using Productions in Premiere Pro

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read thru and will try and turn my project into a production and see
if I can workaround this issue.

--
Adam CK Vollick
416 318 5907
adamckvollick@gmail.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I created a Production, brought my project file into it and tried to
bring in a batch of notes on another timeline and the problem persists,
more new master clips.

--
Adam CK Vollick
416 318 5907
adamckvollick@gmail.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020 0
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're getting master clip duplicates, then the Production isn't fully "seeing" that project file. I'm presuming you used the 'add project to production' option?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0