• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

xml premiere resolve roundtrip

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi everyone, i have an issue and have tried finding the answers but nothing of yet.

is there a way of editing a sequence in preimire with transitions. Then taking them off to xml to resolve as resolve struggles with transitions then when you put the xml back into premirere you somehow can reapply those transtions onto the coloured sequence.

ive tried duplicating the timelines and tried copy and pasting the effects manually but it doesnt seem to work, I could be doing it wrong.

So is there a way of copying effects (transitions) from one clip to the coloured xml clips.

If anyone knows of anything it would be so appreciated.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What I know is that you should remove all effects prior to exporting XML out of Premiere. Alsos make your edit in one track and delete all empty tracks. This helps minimizing the issues when exporting into Resolve. 

What I do is make a rought edit of my project in Premiere, then export to Resolve for color grading then export back to Premiere using the same XML method and finish the edit add efffects, etc.

This is the process professional colorists use. A good practice is to allow "handles" to your clips when you export out of Resolve. You can set how many frames of handle you want to allow at the begining and at the end of the used clip. This option is on the export pannel in Resolve. What I do is allow 24 frames at the beginning and 24 frames at the end and this will allow me to move the selection as needed when I'm back in Premiere (if i need to). 

I hope this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines