• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XML will not import into Premiere Pro

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have tried everything, and can not get xml files to import into Premiere Pro. What is the deal??? iMac 27 inch, PP 12.0.1.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert:

Where did the XML originate from?  There are different versions of the XML Interchange Format.  If it originated from Final Cut Pro X, for example, it's not a version that that Premiere Pro supports.  If it originated from Final Cut Pro classic, it should be version 4.

If it's an edit from Avid Media Composer, you could try switching to using AMA instead of XML. 

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Originated from Plural Eyes, and was exported from PluralEyes as a PremierePro XML format. Good question though. Finally just got it to work by making a new project and importing it there. Now will try importing that project into my old project? Tired of "work arounds" like this. Was wondering if it was a PluralEyes export issue but doesn't seem to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the XML is from Plural Eyes, that's about as good as a guarantee that it'll import into Premiere Pro as you can get.

Are you using PR cc2018?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still didn't work. Tired of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly happens when you try to import the XML?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a bug in Premiere 12.0.1 with the "Allow Duplicate Media during project import" check box in Preferences>Media.  If you have it checked it thinks that its duplicate media and will not import the media for both AAFs and XMLs.  I've found that if you toggle it off, it will import your AAF.

I have reported both bugs to Adobe.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for XML import, unfortunately....

Have any other solutions been found?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So a workaround that has worked for me is to open a new project along with the one you are currently running.

Import the XML (presumably from Plural Eyes) into the new project and then copy paste the synced sequence on to your main project.

Its basically like opening a parallel project to use as an import Bin.

This is for the latest version of Premier. Today was the first time i've faced this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am on the latest version of premiere pro and still having this issue? I've tried all the workarounds and none work. I can not import an XML file created in pluraleyes to an adobe project.

PP: 13.1

PEyes: 4.1.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply reinstall Pluraleyes! you dont have to uninstall the previous one though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue with PluralEyes and XML import into Premiere was about the aspect ratio of my files.

I shoot anamorphic and conformed my files before using PluralEyes, and that was the issue. If i set the aspect ratio after syncing in PluralEyes, everything works fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. This worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having this same exact issue. It's the first time its happened to me. It's 2021, any solutions yet??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ! Have you fixed your issue ? 
I just ran into the same thing : PluralEyes, XML importing generates an error into PremierePro ... 

Found out that the issue was with the aspect ration of my rush (set at 1.3 bcs i shoot anamorphic). 
If i roll back to aspect ratio 1, run PluralEyes and then import the generated XML : everything works like a charm, i just have to set my rushs back to aspect ration 1.3, and "voilà" ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines