Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.xmp relink?

Participant ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to relink .xmp files?

I put my footage on a network for backup and archival purpasses. I edit with the files on a local drive. I wish I could only copy my .xmp files to the network folder  and relink to those files once I'm done with my editing so I don't have to meda manage my footage and duplicate my manipulation time.

Enyone else tried this before?

Thanks!

JP

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to do here. You are editing with local files (which is good as you will get better performance) and you are backing up to a network drive. Okay.

You can relink your Premiere proj to the media on the network drive. What are you using the XMPs for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a team working on the project.
an assistant-editor
a journalist
a director
an editor or two

My footage is in a NAS at work. An assistant prepares the project and creates the proxies.
The proxies are put on the creative cloud in a Shared Folder and with the Team Project everyone can do some de-rush, comment on each other's work etc. because the proxies are linked automatically. The journalist and the director don't need the fullres. My question about the .xmps is that I can't seem to figure out how the journalist and the director can add metadata (different from what the assistant-editor is adding as metadata). It doesn't seem to follow along. So I'm looking for a solution on how it can all work together.

Thanks.
JP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines