• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Yet another 'duplicating a nested animated sequence and changing text' inquiry

Contributor ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My goal in life is to find a simple plug-in that would accomplish the following -

I have a nested sequence of a complex text animation (got from Motion Array), and I want to use a series of this same sequence on a master timeline, and be able to change the text for each sequence. Yet when I change the text to say the third or fourth sequence, it ALWAYS changes the text from the source sequence it was copied from.

Outside of the copy/paste method of the sequences, and also copy/paste AAALLLLLLLL the nested clips therein, into the project window - which takes forever - is there a shortcut method?

For ie, I'd like to 'duplicate' the sequence, and somehow it magically makes a unique copy of all the nested clips in that sequence -all the way down to the text box nested in these clips.

That would be amazing, wouldn't it?

Right now I have to slog through the copy/paste/rename method for all the sequences.

A magical plug-in I would gladly pay several hundred dollars for. This is nutty.

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love answering my own technote. Lol. This is my calm better half who has the patience to solve problems..

https://motionarray.com/learn/motion-array/duplicate-elements-premiere-pro-templates/

So I would need to import that special nested sequence (animated text clip for ie) as a project into my main project movie. Then if I want another instance of it, I would import it again as a project into my main project timeline.

Going to give this a go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, defintely a better half. When that sequence is in the project, typically one uses Alt-drag to put a duplicate into a sequence. Is it a mogurt? You can then typically just drop it onto the sequence from the Essential Graphics panel and they will be unique instances in your sequences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not a MOGRT. Though that would make things easier for sure.

This is a sequence with a bunch of nested clips in it that creates this nifty text animation. I tried the ALT (on Mac OPT) drag of the sequence onto timeline to duplicate it. Yet it keeps the original nested clips + text box and doesn't do a 'full' duplication.

Anxious to try the 'import as project' technique for the sequence and see how it rolls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. Importing it again is probably the simplest way to go about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A few things I learned along the way..

Per the MA video when I import as 'entire project' it consistently threw this error..

'The project could not be loaded, it may be damaged or contain outdated elements'.

However when I import using 'selected sequences' option, it finally worked. Once imported I had to be mindful to change the name of the project bin (containing the imported sequence..) in the project window. Because if I imported the same sequence again as a project, it would overwrite the project bin under the same name.

Wish I had more time in my life to post a YT video on this, it's a good discovery! In meantime anyone finds this, ping me and ask questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines