• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Your hardware does not support hardware encoding for the current settings

Participant ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have looked at a few other threads on this and not finding a solution.

Using Pr for the first time on a new computer - Win10Pro, GTX 1660Ti, Ryzen 9 3900X 12 core, 64GB RAM. Latest version of Pr installed.

Hardware acceleration is turned ON in the Project Settings. In Preferences>Media, H264/HEVC hardware encoding is checked. In the Export dialogue Bitrate Settings are set to VBR 1 Pass. Basic Video Settings are Match Source. The timeline contains a series of still images, text graphics and audio.

I cannot activate Hardware Encoding in the Export dialogue and receive Your system does not support... I am aware that the GPU is only used for certain tasks. That should not mean that GPU acceleration can't be activated. Have verified project settings & preferences, shut down and restarted Pr. After doing that, Encoding Settings are greyed out. When I hover over the dropdown I receive a message to ensure that the system hardware meets the requirements for hardware encoding. It does!

If I open the project in Media Encoder, hardware acceleration is available. 

Useful thoughts appreciated.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure your graphics card driver is up to date.

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/167763/en-us

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was. It's a brand new machine and all the drivers were updated when it was built (2 days ago). I downloaded and re-installed the driver (same one) and now I have hardware encoding. Maybe there was a problem with the prior install of the driver. 

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines