• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zoom in on Source monitor in 2019

Participant ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of my zooming in functions like command+=, shift + z, or command+- do not zoom in on the screen in the source monitor, but instead zoom in on timelines or on the scroll bar beneath the source window.  Is there a fix for this?  I am using the FCP 7 keyboard but it doesn't seem to work in the default Premiere keyboard setting either.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

I'm glad Adobe doesn't take these comments personally. Why is it something to 'fix' like it's broken. I think it prevents people from looking around and finding answers.

Did you type in 'zoom' in the keyboard shortcuts dialog. You can set shortcuts for that. So the fix is to educate the user.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which "panel" has focus?

If the blue line is around the Source monitor, those should work the Source monitor ... but if the blue line is around the Timeline or Program monitor, they'll work the main sequence in the Timeline panel.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad Adobe doesn't take these comments personally. Why is it something to 'fix' like it's broken. I think it prevents people from looking around and finding answers.

Did you type in 'zoom' in the keyboard shortcuts dialog. You can set shortcuts for that. So the fix is to educate the user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did look around but couldn't find it.  Anyway, that does fix it so thanks.  

Sorry if I hurt the feelings of a multi-billion dollar corporation, lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood.

Yours is a good tip, I just set those for my keyboard also... both the source and program monitor, plus a hotkey for 'to fit' same hotkeys in both monitors and the same keys for the timeline zoom in / out.

cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great!   Yes, this is how Avid and old FCP 7 behaved and is very useful.  But thanks again to you for pointing out where it was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I wrong? / Am I missing something? - I'm seeing the solution here... and have set up keyboard shortcuts to zoom in/out/fit the program monitor whilst editing... but the keyboard shortcuts only work if the blue line 'focus' is around the monitor at the time.

So I'm working away on the timeline and I'm using my keyboard and ShuttlePro and trying to reduce mouse clicks - hence the point of keyboard shortcuts.... but I can't use this shortuct (and quite a few others too) without doing some clicking first (IE to change focus).

There is a keyboard shortcut to 'toggle source monitor focus' too - so I set up my Stream Deck to apply this shortcut first, and then the zoom in/out/fit commands afterwards (IE a multi button shortcut sequence for all three actions).... but this doesn't seem to work very often since the focus isn't always in the same place each time I activate the shortcut sequence. IE the focus has to be in exactly the same place each time otherwise the first instruction to focus on program monitor just toggles past it. Am I right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way PrPro is designed can be irritating. The problem they had though, was that there's so many bazillion things to have k-shorts for, that it seemed useful to differentiate where in the app some were used. As that way, the same k-short can be used for several different things. Hencs the "app-wide" and "panel focused" k-shorts.

The app-wide k-shorts are of course the same no matter what panel has focus. Panel-focused k-shorts are for when a specific panel has focus. "Focus" being indicated by the blue line around a panel or panel group.

I understand the reason behind it, but you're completely correct that in operation it can be a right royal pain. So yea, having button boxes that can do macros, so you can give it the command to switch to a particular panel THEN apply the k-short to do whatever you need done is handy.

Sometimes one can build the macro so that X button goes to a particular panel, does a particular step, and then on release jumps to the panel you want focused next.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Neil,

It's to nice to get empathy!

After some wrestling - I think I found a solution this evening using the Stream Deck. I seem to have managed to do exactly what you mention regarding the use of macros. It'll do just fine pretty sure.... onwards and upwards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got a Razer Orbweaver Chroma because it was a cheap way to get seven levels of 20 buttons, and a colorist I know had used one successfully. But it's started being inconsistent ... the macros for some things play one day, not the next in PrPro. So I'm looking at replacing.

The stuff we gotta have ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines