• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zooming 4k footage in multicam sequence

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some time ago I used one single 4k file for my videos. I created a 1920x1080 sequence and scaled the 4k footage down to 50%. That way I was able too zoom in to 100% if I want (or to 70%, 80% etc).

Now I am using two cameras and I created a multi camera timeline. But that way I can't zoom in and out any more.

Case 1: I place my 4k source file in at 100%. If I set some frames to 50% the image is cut. I can't zoom out.

Case 2: I place my 4k source file in at 50%. If I zoom in to 100% for some frames, the quality is not 4k anymore. It's just a zoomed hd file.

Any ideas how I could handle that? I want to be able to do different zooms (mostly it stays on 50%, sometimes I need 100%, sometimes 80%) on my 4k stream in the multi camera sequence.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

You need to apply the "zoom" on the clip nested inside the multi-cam and not on the multi-cam itself.

Keep doing what you're doing, when you reach a part you need to zoom out, CTRL+double click on the multicam, it will open in a new timeline window, adjust the zoom as desired and go back to your main timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The two main steps to creating a multicam are to 1) create a multicam source sequence, and then 2) Use New Sequence from clip, to get the Sequence you will be editing with.

After you do step 1, right-click it in the project and "Open in Timeline", you need to go into the Source Sequence and select (all) the 4k clips then right-click and SET to framesize. Then in the project and right-click that source sequence and select 'new sequence from clip' to create the regular editing sequence.

Depending on how your clips are organized the source sequence may be set to 4k, be sure to change that to 1080p before you do the set to frame size.

Make many, many source sequences and edit sequences. I must have made 50 the first time I wanted to do what you are doing. Once I got the technique down, selecting clips in right order, putting into bins, etc... I then did the real project. BTW: if you are using multiple multi-cam source sequences to be edited into one master sequence, you can skip step 2 once you have the master sequence the first time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to apply the "zoom" on the clip nested inside the multi-cam and not on the multi-cam itself.

Keep doing what you're doing, when you reach a part you need to zoom out, CTRL+double click on the multicam, it will open in a new timeline window, adjust the zoom as desired and go back to your main timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like that's the simplest way to do it.

Works great - thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problems. Working on the nested 4k sequence is pretty time consuming, since the edit point are not there.

My only suggestion is to have 2 track of the same clip. 1 is set to 50% and 1 is set to 100%. So basically you would crete a new camera with 4K zoomed in (HD footage). Only downside of this, if the camera moves, you cannot readjust in the multicam sequence since it is not carrying through the additional pixels. I would love to see a solution to this from Adobe.

It should work like a large Precomp in AE, that can be moved on any direction in the parent comp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Meanwhile I have figured out the greatest workaround thanks to someone who had the same issue:

https://www.reddit.com/r/premiere/comments/93f40i/howto_premiere_pro_mixing_4k_and_hd_media_in_a/

I hope it helps others too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines